If you don't want to miss out on new products and special offers on specific product categories then please select from below and we'll send you relevant newsletters;
Join the team
Who are we?
Something Different is a unique and specialised clothing and gifts distibutor. Having been trading for nearly 30 years, the business was created to supply products, which truly represent a range that is 'Something Different'. Supplying to a wide variety of customers throughout Europe, the Middle East and Far East.
What do we represent?
Being responsible for many different brands with a wide variety of products from fun t-shirts to memorial plaques, means we sell a variety of goods that provoke different emotions. However, you can be rest assured that the one thing all of our items have in common, is that they're all STAND OUT merchandise!
We are currently recruiting for the following vacancies. Please send your CV & covering letter to email@example.com
About the Role
Working within our customer services team, this role will be responsible for managing all International wholesale and retail customer service and administration related activities, people, processes, systems and facilities in order to achieve the highest possible standards of service to Something Different customers whilst upholding the company values.
What you'll be doing
- Manage an experienced office team (retail, wholesale, stock data, purchasing & general admin) with customer service focus & ‘can do’ attitude, providing direction & motivation.
- Pro-actively support sales agents, business development and marketing.
- Recruit and train staff and manage their performance.
- Manage office policies and procedures to achieve continuous improvement of customer experience and staff efficiency.
- Manage relevant KPI’s and report departmental progress in all areas to directors on a regular basis.
- Maintain & strengthen relationships with other departments, customers, suppliers & contractors.
- Take ownership of customer contractual obligations.
- Handle any first line matters related to operations, personnel, health & safety and IT within the office environment.
- Maintain company standards in all we do.
This role necessitates the need to see the bigger picture with a professional dynamic and forward thinking approach to an ever growing and changing environment. It requires a person who is excited about challenges, loves dealing with a multitude of tasks at any given time and gets the best out of their team.
What you'll need
- Good people management and leadership skills
- Quick learner
- Ability to multitask
- Demonstrate sound judgement and decision making
- Operational Awareness
- Proficient delegator, motivator and supervisor
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to differentiate between tasks and processes
- Sound communication skills
- Ability to interact and work effectively with colleagues at all levels
- Ability to work to deadlines & targets
What you'll have
- Extensive experience in a customer service & administration role
- At least 2 years team leadership & staff management experience
- Sound understanding of wholesale and on line retail activities
- Experienced in Microsoft Office
- Excellent command of English language and grammar
Ideally what you'll have (bonus points!)
- Amazon & eBay seller experience at administrator level
- Sales order management experience
- Axis Diplomat or similar experience
What we offer
- Competitive salary
- A fun working environment with great ethos, casual dress, free on-site parking and even the occasional sweet treat!
- A real chance to grow with the business just as we do
Sales Executives, Agents and Distributors wanted
Something Different is always very keen to talk to sales professionals who wish to promote and sell our products in specialised markets. This could be countries that we do not have a sales partner in yet or a market segment that we are not selling to yet.
If you think you can sell our products or a specific range of them then you should contact Shaun Free (Director) by emailing him here or phone him on +44 (0)1278 423600.